Rory O’ Connell
Rory O’Connell is a skilled Project Manager with over 20 years’ experience in construction and Project Management and has a proven track record in Hospitality, Leisure / Entertainment, Residential, Masterplanning, Civils & Infrastructure. His exceptional interpersonal and managerial skills ensure that his construction projects progress seamlessly.
Before joining Scollard Doyle in 2019, Rory spent 11 years in the Middle East in charge of the Project Management division at Faithful+Gould, Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates, working on several complex multi-billion-euro projects, as well as becoming a prominent member of the industry, assisting government bodies in establishing a large Project Management Office in Abu Dhabi. His experience also includes a major social housing masterplan development project with Fluor Corporation.
Prior to his move to the Middle East, Rory was a Project Manager at MI McNamara & Co., also spending 7 years as a Site Agent with BAM Contractors in Dublin.
Rory is an engineering graduate of University College Dublin, with a diploma in Project Management, and is a chartered member of Engineers Ireland.
- National Library Extension, NCAD Refurbishment, Dublin. Size: 4 Storey Refurbishment
- Elm Park, Dublin. Size: Offices of 28,000 sq m & 110 Unit apartment
- Yas Bay, Abu Dhabi, UAE. Size: 641 room hotel & 18,000 capacity Arena
- Jumeriah Bay Island, Dubai, UAE. Size: 58 ha, Bvlgari Hotel & Residences
- Al Zahia, Sharjah, UAE. Size: 133 ha, 1,600 Villas
- Al Falah, Abu Dhabi, UAE. Size: 1,250 ha, 4,867 Villas