Job title: Head of Marketing, European Region
Established in the United States in 1996 by Finlay Cumming, Cumming Group is a leading international property and construction consultancy specialising in a broad range of sectors and disciplines. Our European operations comprise approximately 400 team members across 14 offices. Cumming Group currently operates under three distinct brands in Europe. These include Cumming Group in the UK, Scollard Doyle in Ireland, and Chandler KBS with operations in the UK, Ireland, Germany, and other European countries.
Our bespoke services are delivered by a talented team of project managers and surveyors with reputations for long-standing relationships based on hard work, mutual respect, and a commitment to adding value at every step of a project’s development. We are attentive listeners who think strategically, manage decisively, and always act with our clients’ best interests at heart.
We are seeking a Head of Marketing to provide leadership and direction to a team of approximately six marketing professionals across Europe. The role involves developing a thorough understanding of the goals and unique strengths of our various European teams, formulating and executing tailored marketing strategies and tactics to support these goals and markets, and ultimately helping to elevate and grow our individual and combined brands.
The successful candidate will possess exceptional communications skills, a mastery of marketing strategy across diverse markets and channels, experience with a building consultancy or related professional services organisation, and the ability to lead and grow a highly successful marketing team.
Skills & Requirements:
- The ability to develop and manage detailed marketing plans and budgets
- A thorough understanding of bids and proposals related to the procurement of professional services
- Experience utilising a marketing automation system to administer and measure marketing activities
- Experience utilising content marketing and thought leadership to help brand and grow an organisation
- A proven ability to establish performance management systems and reports around marketing activities and teams
- A working knowledge of digital marketing and the role digital plays in a successful marketing programme
- Experience utilising CRM systems to manage contacts, track and management business pursuits, administer targeted marketing campaigns and programmes, and attribute marketing activities to the identification and development of leads and opportunities
- Experience selecting and managing consultants related to a wide range of marketing disciplines such as digital marketing, website design, public relations, graphic design, content creation, etc.
- A thorough understanding of the role social media plays in promoting professional services
- The ability to effectively communicate across all levels of an organisation from the CEO down
- A strong attention to detail and commitment to continuous quality improvement
- Strengths in creativity and problem solving
- Collaborate with all European operations leads to help establish and implement marketing strategy to align with regional goals
- Understand the short-, intermediate- and long-term marketing needs/priorities for the region and align the structure to support where needed
- Develop the required infrastructure and processes around marketing data and materials collection, development, and management to support the region in the most effective and efficient manner possible
- Work to mentor seller-doers/operations team members on effective sales and marketing strategies, tactics, and best practices
- Establish and manage the annual European marketing budget
- Help to maintain alignment with the global Cumming Group brand across Europe
- Recommend and implement minor brand voice modifications to account for regional nuances
- Support the development of go-to market plans when expanding into new markets requiring significant cultural adjustments
- Serve as a back-up to all global marketing where and when needed
- Oversee and mentor all European marketing team members
- Serve as the primary point of contact/liaison with Cumming’s U.S.-based digital, comms, and creative teams to ensure alignment in all areas
- Work to connect and support multiple brands over the short term, and provide branding and communications guidance and leadership during brand integrations
- Identify and manage any outside consultants needed for any additional marketing, branding, or comms-related support across Europe
Qualifications & Education
- BSc in Management/Business or related field is required; MSc in Management/Business preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in business/marketing
- 5+ years’ experience managing teams
- Experience in the building consultancy or a related professional services field
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office applications
- Experience with CRM and marketing automation platforms, such as Microsoft Dynamics 365
At Cumming Group, you will contribute to some of world’s most exciting projects in a dynamic environment where your success is measured by the impact you make. With more than 50 offices globally, along with a diverse portfolio and double-digit year-over-year revenue growth, the opportunities to make your mark are limitless!
Using the reference HeadofMarketing, please apply in confidence to email@example.com
Alternatively, use the below form.